While there's no place like home for the holidays, this year's home-based holiday parties won't be anything like the ones of the past, especially in California.
California officials are trying to police family celebrations during the upcoming Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. The state's strict new coronavirus rules have now been issued for holiday gatherings, and here are a few of the shocking highlights.
The requirements for attending a gathering include:
—No more than three households can assemble at a time.
—The host should collect the names and contact information of all attendees.
—All gatherings must be outdoors with guests limiting their time indoors.
—Seating shall be at least 6 feet apart in all directions between members of different households.
—Face coverings are mandatory, unless eating or drinking, but must be put back on afterward.
—Gatherings should be two hours or less.
Some of the guidelines about families making noise are especially worth noting. They warn against "Singing, chanting, shouting and physical exertion" because those activities can increase the risk of COVID-19 transmission through the air. The document states:
"Because of this, singing, chanting and shouting are strongly discouraged, but if they occur, the following rules and recommendations apply: All people who are singing or chanting should wear a face covering at all times while singing or chanting, including anyone who is leading a song or chant ... People who are singing or chanting are strongly encouraged to do so quietly (at or below the volume of a normal speaking voice). Instrumental music is allowed."
To read the full list of requirements, click here.
Many citizens opposing Gov. Gavin Newsom's extreme COVID policies took to social media to voice their frustration.
Liz Wheeler wrote on Twitter, "You thought Elf on the Shelf was creepy? That elf doesn't have anything on Tyrant King Gavin."
Reprinted with permission from CBN.com. Copyright The Christian Broadcasting Network, Inc., All rights reserved.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details