A court in Wisconsin ruled this week officials with the Madison Metropolitan School District cannot intentionally hide from parents information regarding their children's chosen gender identities in schools.
Remington's decision comes months after a lawsuit was filed by the Wisconsin Institute for Law and Liberty (WILL) and the Alliance Defending Freedom on behalf of an anonymous group of parents whose children are enrolled in MMSD schools.
WILL argued at the time such an informal guidance—while not an officially adopted district policy—encourages employees to actively "deceive" parents about their children's gender-based decisions.
The memo, "Guidance and Policies to Support Transgender, Non-binary and Gender-Expansive Students," is a violation of parental rights as well as religious liberty rights, according to the plaintiffs.
In his decision to issue a temporary injunction, Remington made clear his ruling is not holistic. His injunction "does not create an affirmative obligation to disclose information if that obligation does not already exist at law." Rather, it requires MMSD faculty and staff members to disclose information about students' gender identities if parents raise the matter.
Luke Berg, deputy counsel for WILL, described Remington's decision as "an important win for parental rights."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details