Progressive advocates seeking to push a radical sex indoctrination program into public schools just learned a valuable lesson: Don't mess with Texas!
For two decades, the Texas State Board of Education has done it the right way. While schools are not required to provide sex education, any sex education that is offered must focus on abstinence until marriage. This commonsense approach has served the needs of Texas children well, and it has respected the God-given role of parents.
Not surprisingly, the far left demanded a change. Activists groups like Planned Parenthood and its morally bankrupt allies were salivating at the chance to eliminate abstinence-based teaching once and for all and replace it with a not-suitable-for-children indoctrination program. If they got their way, 11- and 12-year-olds would spend classroom time learning about gender identity, condom use and other highly sexualized topics.
Thank goodness the Texas State Board of Education had the courage to stand up to these corrupt bullies and their evil agenda. The board deliberated last week on the proposed curriculum changes and, in its initial vote, struck down sex indoctrination 9-6. Notably, the vote was almost entirely along party lines, with all Democrats supporting the radical agenda and all but one Republican opposing it. A final vote will take place in November.
This was a huge victory! A progressive site had hailed this as a "once in a generation" opportunity and predicted that what happened in Texas could quickly spread throughout the rest of the country. If last week's vote carries in November, let's hope they are right!
Here's what you can do. Contact the Texas State Board today at email@example.com and let the members know that they got it right on the initial vote, and urge them to stand strong in November. If you don't live in Texas, contact your state's board of education, and tell them to take a lesson from Texas. Sexual indoctrination doesn't belong in the classroom!
Finally, remember that the two major parties in this country have very different visions for America when it comes to educating our children and parental rights. With a major election less than 47 days away, let us never underestimate the power of casting a vote for what is right, and that is exactly what nine members of the Texas State Board of Education did this past week. I applaud their courage and convictions!
Dr. James Dobson is a celebrated psychologist, Christian leader and founder and president of the Dr. James Dobson Family Institute (JDFI), which is dedicated to preserving the biblical institutions of marriage and family by encouraging, inspiring, supporting and leading parents and children to build their lives on God's Word. Dobson is the author of 71 books dedicated to the preservation of the family.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details