Last week, President Donald Trump was met with nameless allegations that he has mocked our military service members. One Gold Star husband has responded, though, crying foul over the claims against the commander-in-chief.
"When I read the anonymous allegations this week that President Trump spoke disparagingly of our troops, I knew they simply weren't true—or were taken completely out of context in order to hurt him before the election," wrote Joe Kent, a Green Beret and combat veteran whose wife, Shannon, was killed by a suicide bomber during a mission fighting ISIS in Syria in January 2019.
Since 9/11, America's all-volunteer force has served under two presidents who were quick to ceremoniously praise our sacrifices without taking any real action to change the grinding status quo that has become the hallmark of the Global War on Terror. https://t.co/StkcmhouX6— Joe Kent (@joekent16jan19) September 5, 2020
In a column published Saturday by NBC News, Kent recalled the moment he met and spoke with the president at Dover Air Force Base, where he awaited his wife's remains.
"I'd never met a president before Donald Trump. His empathy and thoughtfulness on one of the worst days of my life won my gratitude."
During their time together, Kent said Trump told him, "Shannon was the real deal, we are lucky to have people like her willing to go out there and face evil for us," all the while hold his arm on the grieving husband's shoulder. Kent also remembered the president "held eye contact" the entire time, adding he "could see—unmistakably—the pain I'd seen in the eyes of other senior leaders who ultimately bear the responsibility for sending men and women to their deaths in combat."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details