Funeral services for President Donald Trump's younger brother, Robert, have been scheduled for Friday afternoon, according to CNN. The businessman, 71, died Saturday at a New York hospital.
On Thursday, Trump told reporters at the White House, "We're looking at Friday. We may do just a small service right here at the White House for my brother. We're looking at doing that. That would be, I think, a great honor to him. I think he'd be greatly honored. He loved our country, he loved our country so much, he was so proud."
Although details about the service have been kept private, and the event is not on Trump's public calendar, the Trump family has invited 200 people to attend. "The service is expected to be held in the East Room of the White House," reports ABC News. A source familiar with the arrangements also told the outlet that any costs would be covered by the president personally.
The last time a private citizen's remains were brought to the White House for a funeral was in 1936 for a memorial for Louis Howe, an adviser to former President Franklin Delano Roosevelt, ABC said.
Trump family friend and supporter Franklin Graham posted his encouragement on Facebook: "Today President Donald J. Trump will bury his best friend, his younger brother Robert who passed away over the weekend. I know this is a difficult thing to do. With all of the issues in our country and around the world, we need to remember that the President has a tremendous weight on his shoulders. Join me in praying that the Lord will help him, protect him, and will comfort the entire family today and in the days to come."
Today President Donald J. Trump will bury his best friend, his younger brother Robert who passed away over the weekend....Posted by Franklin Graham on Friday, August 21, 2020
Trump visited his brother the day before he died and, in a statement released after Robert's death, called him his "best friend." Robert, in turn, had described himself as a big supporter of his brother's first presidential race in a 2016 interview with the New York Post, saying, "I support Donald one thousand percent."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details