Presumptive Democrat presidential nominee Joe Biden told attendees at the Muslim Voters Summit this week that more should be taught about Islam in our public schools.
Biden included Islam as one of the "great confessional faiths" and said, "I wish we taught more in our schools about the Islamic faith. I wish we talked about all the great confessional faiths. It's one of the great confessional faiths."
The online summit was hosted by Emgage Action, a political action group that endorsed Biden in April, and that hopes to turn out a million Muslim voters for Biden in November. A number of Muslim American officials, including Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn.. Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison and Rep. Andre Carson, D-Ind., signed a letter organized by Emgage Action endorsing Biden on Monday.
"We all come from the same root here in terms of our fundamental basic beliefs," Biden told the Muslim summit, "and I just want to thank you for giving me the opportunity, for being engaged, for committing to action this November."
But not everyone agrees that Islam should be lumped into the same so-called confessional-type faiths as Christianity and Judaism. One major concern is Islam's historic effort to dominate to the exclusion of all other religions. In a piece about the push to get Muslims elected to public office, published last week by Robert Spencer, he quotes the co-founder of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), Omar Ahmad, as saying: "Islam isn't in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant. The Koran, the Muslim book of scripture, should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on earth."
Spencer says when confronted about these words, Ahmad vehemently denied saying them. But Spencer writes that "the original reporter, Lisa Gardiner of the Fremont Argus, hardly a hardline 'Islamophobe' with an ax to grind, stood by her story." What's more, he cites CAIR spokesman Ibrahim Hooper who once said: "I wouldn't want to create the impression that I wouldn't like the government of the United States to be Islamic sometime in the future.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details