Rapper Kanye West has confirmed that he plans to run for president of the United States in 2020.
During a recent interview with Forbes, West declared that he's "been talking about this for years" and had originally planned on running in 2024. But now he's moved up the date.
The 43-year-old made the Independence Day announcement on Twitter, writing, "We must now realize the promise of America by trusting God, unifying our vision, and building our future. I am running for president of the United States! #2020VISION."
Kanye contends that this is not a publicity stunt or a prank—he is serious about running for president.
"I'm speaking with experts, I'm going to speak with Jared Kushner, the White House, with Biden," West said.
According to Forbes, West is comfortable taking Black votes from a Democratic nominee, which would help Trump. He adds that it's racist to assume that anyone would vote for a Democrat because they're black.
"To say that the Black vote is Democratic is a form of racism and white supremacy," West said.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.