President Donald Trump released guidelines for "Opening Up America Again," a three-phased approach to help state and local officials when reopening their economies, getting people back to work and continuing to protect American lives after many schools, churches and businesses closed due to the coronavirus issue.
President Trump said, "America wants to be open and Americans want to be open. A national shutdown is not a sustainable long-term solution."
The guidelines for "Opening Up America Again" outline three phases for states to gradually ease their lockdowns. The president promised governors they would be handling the process themselves, with help from the federal government.
The Trump administration had previously stated May 1 as a possible date to begin to reopen the nation, but some states may be able to reopen earlier.
The guidelines include some recommendations across all three phases including good personal hygiene and employers developing policies to ensure social distancing, testing and contact tracing.
Phase one includes many of the current lockdown measures, such as avoiding non-essential travel and not gathering in groups. However, large venues such as places of worship, restaurants and sports venues can operate under strict physical distancing protocols, which means no more than 10 people and maximizing social distance.
In the second phase, large venues including churches can operate under moderate physical distancing protocols, and in the third phase, they can operate under limited physical distancing protocols.
Liberty Counsel Founder and Chairman Mat Staver said, "We are beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel. Closing businesses and locking down America has resulted in catastrophic damage. These lockdowns are not sustainable. We must begin to open America."
Staver continued, "The lockdowns have closed churches at a time of greatest need. Many of the orders from governors and local officials violate the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. These closures must end."
This article originally appeared at Liberty Counsel.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details