Are American Christians unwittingly paying for religious persecution in China? Absolutely, says Roger Robinson, former White House National Security Council (NSC) senior director for international economic affairs.
During a private briefing in Washington, D.C.—hosted by the Center for Security Policy (CSP)—Robinson said China is the single greatest existential threat to the U.S.
He also argues that because no one is keeping China accountable for its human-rights abuses, American shareholders are unknowingly fueling religious persecution.
"Here's the problem: We in the room here are unwittingly paying for religious persecution in China because of our stock portfolios, our mutual funds, public pension systems, index funds, exchange and traded funds, IRAs—all the things that your faceless fund managers who don't [care] about human rights and national security puts you in," he says.
Robinson says there are about 800 Chinese companies in U.S. markets today, and not one of them was ever screened for religious persecution or human rights abuses.
"Not one Chinese company has ever been delisted from the United States for human rights or national security concerns in the history of our country," he says. "Is that because nobody ever did anything wrong? No, it's because we've had a studied view, dictated by Wall Street and executed by friends of theirs."
The CSP hosted the briefing to inform people of faith about what they believe are major security risks to the U.S. right now. Speakers included:
- Lieutenant General/Rev. William "Jerry" Boykin, U.S. Army (Ret.), who spoke on the Center-led Save the Persecuted Christians initiative.
- Former Trump National Security Council Chief of Staff, CSP President and CEO Fred Fleitz, who talked about the threat anti-Semitism and anti-Zionism pose to Israel and the United States.
- China expert Gordon Chang, who exposed the need to defeat the Chinese Communist Party's global ambitions and the work to that end of the Center-led Committee on the Present Danger: China.
- Lieutenant Colonel Tommy Waller, U.S. Marine Corps (Force Reconnaissance, Reserves), who spoke on the "kill-shot" on America: the vulnerability of our electric grid and how it can be remedied, and the work of the center-led Secure the Grid Coalition.
- Frank Gaffney, CSP founder and executive chairman, who talked about understanding, articulating and countering the threat of Sharia-supremacism and the center-led CounterJihad Campaign. And
- Former Reagan NSC senior director for international economic affairs, Roger Robinson, who shed light on the use Communist China, Putin's Russia and other enemies are making of America's capital markets to fund their various efforts to take down this country.
Pastor Kevin Jessip, president of Global Strategies Alliance, says key faith leaders are planning a National Sacred Solemn Assembly with the goal of protecting religious liberty.
"We have to answer to Almighty God for what we told the people," Jessip says. "Not only do we warn, but we give them the hope that the ark door is still open in these last days. And so there is hope. Let us diligently warn those who have rejected God that their souls might be delivered from sin and death."
Never miss another Spirit-filled news story again. Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Three Summer Deals from Charisma: