A panel of people who have left the lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, transgender and queer community will address the Pursue Conference in August to help the church better understand how to help people wrestling with same-sex attraction.
Jessica Newsome, founder of Love at the Cross, is hosting the event. She says it's near to her heart because it's part of her testimony.
"God delivered me from homosexuality," Newsome tells Charisma News. "Some people grow up in the church, and they know about God, but they don't live a life pleasing to God, or surrender to God. And I really got wrapped up in the homosexual lifestyle, because I felt I was born that way, like many other people do. And from there, I just got wrapped up in sin. I was a closet cutter. I abused alcohol from middle school to high school to college. And I was just very sexually active with women. And I thought ... that was freedom."
Newsome says she went deeper down the rabbit hole of sin. She even prayed for the Lord to send her a God-fearing woman she could go to church with. And He did.
"Sometimes God will allow you to have what you think you need just to show you that it's not what you need at all," Newsome says.
Now, Newsome is using her passion for Christ to help the church understand how to better able reach the LGBT community.
"My heart is to bridge the gap between the LGBT community and the church," Newsome says. "[I want to show] the church how to love the LGBT community, how to reach this community and to do life with them. And for the LGBT community, [I want to] show them that God loves them exactly where they are, but He loves them too much to let them stay the same. I think that that's really important for us to be able to learn and understand I think that we really need to grow in this area."
"I'm actually going to be speaking about what gay theology is and helping Christians and the church be able to stand against a theology that doesn't line up with the Word of God."
Listen to the podcast for more!
Check out Jessica Newsome's new "The Victory>The Struggle" podcast at cpnshows.com!
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details