Husband-wife worship duo Bryan and Katie Torwalt delight in ushering in the Holy Spirit when they lead a congregation.
Even the secular world recognizes there's something different about the couple, who met at Bethel's School of Supernatural Ministry and lead and write worship for Jesus Culture.
In 2015, the couple won a Grammy for their hit, "Holy Spirit."
In their interview with Shawn Bolz, the Torwalts described what they were doing when they found out they won.
Bryan sets the scene: "We were in Trader Joe's parking lot."
Unlike major categories like Best Album or Best New Artist, Christian music categories are announced during the day ahead of the major awards ceremony.
Bryan was streaming the presentations when, "All of a sudden, [the presenter said], 'The Grammy goes to 'Holy Spirit.'"
"There was just something in that moment, that simple declaration of ['Holy Spirit' winning the Grammy] where we were just completely overwhelmed and so thankful. And the fact that the words, 'Holy Spirit/ You are welcome here,' you know, 'Let us become more aware of Your presence,' is played on all kinds of Christian radio and being sung around the world in different churches and then gets recognized by the Grammys, this was just unbelievable," Bryan says.
And though the Torwalts may be known for worship, they have new music that won't fall into that category.
"But stuff that's been coming out of us hasn't been worship music lately," Bryan says. "It's been different. And there's still I like to think that there's still no acting on it, of course. But uh, there's a lot of stories that are like just unfolding in and coming out lyrically and stuff. So I think we would love to see what that looks like. I don't know, most likely, it's going to look completely different than we could plan for just like the rest of our life."
Listen to the podcast for more details.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details