In a move that most Christians probably never expected, retail giant Walmart has posted an online video that normalizes homosexual relationships.
The American Family Association (AFA, www.afa.net) says that for most Christians and other traditionalists, the idea that marriage is between a man and a woman is sacred.
"We've seen many large corporations reject that in their marketing, but I honestly never thought Walmart would join the cultural revolution and reject the beliefs of its customer base," said AFA President Tim Wildmon.
The ad in question is part of a campaign called "Love is in the aisle: A dating show at Walmart." Episode 2 features Pat and Andy, two homosexual men on a blind date as they meet at the store and shop together. Through this process, they discover whether or not they are compatible.
In an Action Alert to its nearly 1 million friends and supporters, AFA is urging those who want to communicate to Walmart to sign a petition, urging the retailer to remove the pro-homosexual video and remain neutral on controversial issues. More than 112,000 have signed the petition thus far, and AFA is confident petition signatures will continue to climb.
"It's clear that Walmart is on the path of elevating homosexual relationships to the same level as the male-female model of marriage," Wildmon added. "We have no choice but to ask our supporters to let the company know how customers feel about Walmart's shift away from neutrality on this controversial issue to full support for same-sex relationships."
AFA is suggesting three ways to take action on this matter:
- Sign the AFA petition to Walmart.
- Contact Walmart headquarters—Walmart Customer Service, 800-925-6278 (800-WALMART)—and let representatives know you are extremely disappointed. Firmly but politely urge Walmart to remove the pro-homosexual video and remain neutral on controversial issues.
- Share AFA's information on the Walmart ad campaign with family, friends and church members.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer