She was 15 when she started volunteering at a pregnancy center.
"My eyes were really opened to what was going on every single day in our country and the violence of abortion and how no one was talking about this in my church," says Kristan Hawkins, founder of Students for Life of America.
That was 12 1/2 years ago. Now, she and her colleagues take the pro-life mission to college campuses and make all politics local when it comes to pro-life legislation.
Students for Life of America also recently released a startling, eye-opening poll:
- 7 of 10 Millennials support limits on abortion through specific policies like parental notification, limiting abortions later in pregnancy like at 5 months of pregnancy and opposition to government funding of abortion.
- Only 7 percent shared the position of the Democratic Party Platform—abortion without any exceptions and funded by tax dollars.
- More Millennials than not support Roe's reversal. Asked directly about support for overturning Roe and returning abortion to the states, 41 percent supported Roe's reversal.
- 65 percent of Millennials support the right to vote on abortion-related policy and want a voice on abortion policy.
- 56 percent of Millennials oppose selling chemical abortion drugs online or dropping the requirement for a physical exam because of the risks to women.
- By about a 3 to 1 margin (48 percent to 17 percent), Millennials said they preferred that their tax monies went to federally qualified health centers rather than the abortion giant, Planned Parenthood.
- 51 percent said that they opposed Roe when they understood it allows for abortion through all 9 months of pregnancy.
In this special episode of the Charisma News podcast, brought to you by Quartermaster Stewardship, Hawkins talks candidly about women's rights, the lies of the pro-abortion movement and how to talk to Millennials about abortion.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Join us on our podcast each weekday for an interesting story, well told, from Charisma News. Listen at charismapodcastnetwork.com.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.