Christian music artist Kari Jobe recently joined a group of worship leaders for a special meeting at the White House, and she posted some profound thoughts about the kingdom of God being seen on earth and the urgent need for prayer for America's leaders.
The Christian artists, including Tauren Wells and Danny Gokey, were invited to a "Faith Briefing" which was held to show what the Trump administration is doing in the area of faith-based projects.
Jobe posted about the visit on Instagram, calling it an honor.
"Cody and I were honored to be invited," she said. "As I stepped foot into the White House, I had to just take a moment and take it all in. I was thinking through how many great men and women have served and led in that house, have come to visit that house, have changed history inside that house. The thing that moved me the most though was the peace I felt. It wasn't chaotic, it wasn't heavy ... it was peaceful. It's a home. I thought that was special."
She pointed out some of the faith-based initiatives the White House is working on.
"In the faith briefing, we heard from a few government leaders about incredible things that are going on behind the scenes that media and news never talk about. Projects to rescue victims of human trafficking, rehabilitate former inmates, take care of foster children, help neighborhoods and communities that are falling apart, help rebuild cities after tragedy ... just to name a few."
Jobe said her focus for attending the meeting was related to the kingdom of God, not political discourse.
"I sat there with tears in my eyes because these beautiful people get up daily and go to work in a governmental facility and think about people; you and me," she explained. "They pray and seek God for wisdom for people. It all seemed beyond politics—it was kingdom. I realized there are some kingdom-minded people who work in the White House, and that was extremely encouraging. I don't engage in political jargon and conversations—but I do engage when the Holy Spirit puts a burden to pray or do whatever He has spoken and obey Him. I was moved and reminded to pray every day for our leaders and government."
Click here to read the rest of this story from our content partners at CBN News.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details