Today—Friday, March 2—Billy Graham's private funeral service will be held at the Billy Graham Library in Charlotte, North Carolina. About 2,300 invited guests are expected to attend. Following the service, Mr. Graham will be buried beside his late wife, Ruth, whose grave is at the foot of the cross-shaped brick walkway in the Library's Prayer Garden.
Though the funeral service is private, the public can watch a live stream beginning at 10 a.m. ET. The service itself is scheduled to begin at noon ET.
The funeral is expected to last 90 minutes. It will be held under a large tent that has been constructed in the main parking lot in front of the library. The tent serves as a reminder of how Mr. Graham's ministry launched under "The Canvas Cathedral"—a white canvas tent during a 1949 Crusade in downtown Los Angeles, where 350,000 people heard him share the Gospel over a period of eight weeks.
"It was Mr. Graham's explicit intent that his funeral service reflect and reinforce the Gospel message he preached for more than 60 years," said Mark DeMoss, spokesman for the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.
Mr. Graham's sister and each of his five children will speak at the service. His oldest son, Franklin Graham, will bring the funeral message.
Dr. Donald Wilton and Dr. David Bruce will speak at the private interment service. Dr. Wilton was Mr. Graham's pastor and a close friend in recent years. Dr. Bruce served for 23 years as Mr. Graham's executive assistant.
President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump are expected to attend the service, along with Vice President Mike Pence and second lady Karen Pence.
As millions are expected to watch the funeral service for "God's Ambassador," the man himself would've wanted only one thing: for the Gospel to be spread. His life's work will continue as the love and hope of Jesus Christ is shared on Friday.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details