As Morris and Theresa Cerullo watched the devastating news of Hurricane Maria unfold—which virtually devastated Puerto Rico's entire population of 3.5 million, their hearts were deeply moved.
Morris and Theresa, who recently celebrated their 66th wedding anniversary, and Morris' 71st anniversary of ministry and his 85th birthday, said, "This is not a time for us to stand by—we need to somehow let these people know we care!"
As a result, Morris Cerullo Ministries partnered with Guaynabo Mayor Angel Perez, Pastor Sydney Stair and scores of Puerto Rican churches and ministries in hosting a "To Puerto Rico With Love Blessing Breakfast" for 300 devastated by Hurricane Maria on Wednesday morning, October 25 at The Guaynabo City Hall.
Mayor of Guaynabo, Angel Perez, said, "I just want to tell Dr. Morris and Theresa Cerullo, thank you! Thank you for all the help you are bringing to our people over here in Guaynabo and across Puerto Rico. It is a great blessing! Thank you for what you are doing for our families. Puerto Rico thanks you. From the 3.5 million people across Puerto Rico, I say thank you for this "To Puerto Rico With Love Blessing Breakfast!"
The 300 in attendance—representing 85 families—many that lost everything in Hurricane Maria—who were brought to the Blessing Breakfast by dear pastor and ministry friends from across Puerto Rico—experienced:
- A special breakfast in their honor (wonderfully hosted by Mayor Angel Perez and Pastors Sydney and Ydsia Stair),
- Direct financial gifts from MCWE totaling $50,000
- A warm, heartfelt message and prayer from Morris Cerullo (by video) which included the following statement, "I just want you to know that we are standing with you. We are doing just a little bit by putting on this breakfast today and giving just a little financial substance to try to ease and help your situations. We can't do everything we would like to do, but we pray that by this little bit you will know that this servant of God not only came to Puerto Rico and preached in many great cities, held a great crusade in the San Juan Baseball Stadium in the 1970s, but we are also here with you during these times where sometimes we question the goodness and love of Almighty God.
- A special message of hope from MCWE Vice President of 30 years, Rev. Greg Mauro
- In partnership with Paula White Ministries, the Assemblies of God Convoy of Hope, (Pastor Rocky Roman), and 3to5days.org, each of the 75 pastors present received a water purification system that will enable them to convert 100,000 gallons of contaminated water to 99.99 percent purified water. Also, each pastor present received a supply of one week of groceries for 100 members of their churches and others in need from their area.
- The MCWE staff gave a special offering that provided much needed insect repellent for all families present at the "To Puerto Rico With Love Blessing Breakfast."
Attached are testimonials from some of the pastors and families that attended the "To Puerto Rico With Love Blessing Breakfast"
Maria Delgado summed it up this way, "Blessings, Morris and Theresa! I thank God first of all for you! In my home there are many issues, the roof is gone, we lost everything. I know that God has used you today as instruments of blessing to begin again, restoring and helping us. Thank you!"
Pastor Jose Vega: "Morris and Theresa, we are grateful for your attention and for being so considerate to our people and congregations. Even though we are passing through difficult times—our property is lost, our rooms at the church have been ruined, but we rejoice and are grateful for you that not only help us to move forward materially, but you increase our faith to advance as well. God bless you greatly!"
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.