The National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference (NHCLC), the world's largest evangelical Latino organization along with its Puerto Rico and Mexico chapter heads, in partnership with international humanitarian aid organization Convoy of Hope, held a press conference on Wednesday, Sept. 27, to launch the organization's relief campaign: Puerto Rico and Mexico Rise Up: Equip the Church, Restore the Nation. The following websites will be continually updated with resources and information on how to support the initiative:
English website: www.PuertoRicoandMexicoRiseUp.org
Spanish Website: www.PuertoRicoyMexicoSeLevantan.org
Press Conference participants included the following representatives:
– Rev. Sam Rodriguez, president of the NHCLC
– Recording Artist Christine D'Clario
– Rev. Tony Suarez, executive vice president NHCLC, head of governmental affairs
– Fernando Cabrera, New York City councilman
– Jeff Nene, national media spokesperson, Convoy of Hope
– Bishop Angel Marcial of Church of God for Southeast Region U.S.
– Dr. William Hernandez – NHCLC chapter president, Puerto Rico
– Rev. Fermin Garcia – NHCLC chapter president, Mexico
As part of the NHCLC's commitment to both Puerto Rico and Mexico, multiple relief initiatives were announced including:
1. The NHCLC is calling upon all churches in America to adopt one church in Puerto Rico and one in Mexico respectfully. In other words, if approximately 3000 churches have been damaged in Puerto Rico and an additional 1000 in Mexico, then at least 4000 US churches have the opportunity to adopt a church in these respective nations. The commitment is for one year to help both financially and if possible, to send mission teams to help rebuild damaged church buildings and property.
2. The NHCLC has partnered with Convoy of Hope to serve as its distribution partner in both Puerto Rico and Mexico. The NHCLC strongly encourages people to donate to Convoy of Hope and mention this campaign. Rather than collecting supplies at your church, financial donations are preferred at this time as they will empower Convoy of Hope to both purchase and effectively distribute supplies.
• Give a donation to help the effort in Puerto Rico through Convoy of Hope
• Give a donation to help the efforts in Mexico through Convoy of Hope
• Give towards Convoy of Hope supply drive by emailing Jnene@convoyofhope.org
3. In partnership with New York City Councilman Fernando Cabrera, the NHCLC will fill a cargo plane in New York City and travel to Puerto Rico with supplies to address basic necessities.
4. The NHCLC will host benefit concerts in partnership with Christine D' Clario and other Christian artists committed to equipping the church and restoring the nations.
The NHCLC also congratulates and recognizes the valuable initiatives carried out in various states of the nation in response to the crisis in Puerto Rico. A good example of these initiatives is that of FRASEV under the leadership of Bishop Angel Marcial, which has raised 200 electricity generators to be used by community collection centers. The NHCLC will join those efforts seeking the resources to add more generators and more Houses of Hope in order to deliver relief to even more families that have lost so much to the storm. In addition, the NHCLC is purchasing generators directly and shipping them to both Puerto Rico and Mexico.
To listen to a full recording of Wednesday's press conference call, please click here.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Join us on our podcast each weekday for an interesting story, well told, from Charisma News. Listen at charismapodcastnetwork.com.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.