For a record 60th time, Billy Graham has been named as one of the 10 most admired men in the world.
Gallup released its annual list on Wednesday after asking more than 1,000 people throughout the United States which man they admire most in the world.
Mr. Graham received fifth place on this year's list of most admired men.
The 98-year-old evangelist has been among the top 10 every year since 1962 (except 1976, when the survey didn't happen). He also appeared on the list every year from 1955-1961.
President Barack Obama took the top spot, with 22 percent of those polled naming him as "most admired." President-elect Donald Trump took the No. 2 position at 15 percent.
Pope Francis was in the No. 3 spot, followed by Vermont senator and 2016 presidential candidate Bernie Sanders in No. 4.
2016 presidential candidate Hillary Clinton was named the most admired woman for the 15th consecutive year and 21st time overall. First Lady Michelle Obama took the No. 2 spot.
As founder of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association in 1950, Mr. Graham has preached the gospel to more people in live audiences than anyone else in history. Hundreds of millions more have been reached through television, video, film and webcasts.
The evangelist has preached in remote African villages and in the heart of New York City. He has ministered to heads of state as well as the simple living bushmen of Australia and the wandering tribes of Africa and the Middle East.
Mr. Graham has also written 33 books. His recent works include Where I Am: Heaven, Eternity, and Our Life Beyond (2015), The Reason for My Hope: Salvation (2013), The Heaven Answer Book (2012), Nearing Home: Life, Faith and Finishing Well (2011) and Storm Warning (2010).
The "pastor to presidents" continues his ministry through prayer at his Montreat, North Carolina, home. His work is also being carried out by multiple ministries of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.
The Gallup poll was conducted Dec. 7-11, 2016, surveying 1,028 adults nationwide by phone. The overall margin of error is plus or minus four percentage points.
This article originally appeared on BillyGraham.org.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details