The revival in Burlington, North Carolina is continuing through the summer. Hundreds have accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior at the services held under a big tent near Interstates 40 and 85.
"All we know is we're here until God tells us to shut it down," Heath Williams, an evangelist who is also the tent director of the revival, told The Times-News, a Burlington newspaper. "Everybody's welcome here. We just want Jesus to be able to do something for their heart and life."
Williams shared stories of how God is transforming lives at the revival.
"The mother that flew her son up here from Florida because she knew he needed something in his life. He had a lot of problems, but he got saved, and God changed his life," Williams told the newspaper.
He also talked about how the community is getting involved.
"The Econo Lodge in Burlington, their general manager came here one night and got saved, and he's been offering us some free hotel rooms and helping out, so we're grateful for them," he said. "And a lot of local guys that maybe do landscaping on the side have been helping us spread some rock, and we had pest control guys spray the whole area."
"It's just everybody kind of chipping in from the community wanting to see God move," Williams continued.
The revival started as a week-long event back on Mother's Day at New Hope Baptist Church, but as it neared the end, Pastor Randy Hobbs and Evangelist C.T. Townsend sensed that God wanted to do more.
"Brother Randy got up and said, 'I don't believe God's done.' And I said, 'I don't either,'" Townsend told CBN News.
"It's just amazing to be a part of this. This is something we've been praying for in our church for several years," Hobbs shared. "We had been meeting over 15 years, praying for revival to touch us locally and nationally."
"All I can say is, it's just God. God is doing something in this day, in this hour that no man can take credit for, and no man can possibly fathom what God is doing in this day," D.R. Harrison, a man who accepted Christ under the ministry of C.T. Townsend, told CBN News. "And it's a real move of revival that God is sending to us in the last days right before Jesus comes."
The Burlington Revival Facebook page now has more than 15,000 likes. The latest post reads:
"Thankful for what the Lord did in Burlington tonight! 11 people walked an aisle and got saved. Huge anticipation for the next 2 nights! Please help us pray that God would continue to move here at the #BurlingtonRevival #PrayPrayPray."
Townsend and Hobbs believe prayer is the key to the ongoing revival.
The tent sits directly off the highway at 3860 Danbrook Road in Burlington, NC, just off Exit 140 from I-40.
Reprinted with permission from CBN.com. Copyright The Christian Broadcasting Network, Inc., All rights reserved.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details