As Franklin Graham visits all 50 states on the Decision America Tour this year, many of the people he meets ask him about his father, Billy Graham.
At Franklin's most recent stop in Juneau, Alaska, on July 1, he opened the prayer rally by sharing greetings from his father.
"He doesn't think anybody remembers who he is," Franklin said with a laugh, "so he'll say, 'If you meet anybody who remembers me, tell 'em hello.'"
For more than 60 years, Billy Graham shared the gospel of Jesus Christ with millions around the world. As his ministry continues through the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA), Mr. Graham gets updates at his home in the mountains of North Carolina.
"He's 97 years old," Franklin Graham shared at another recent Decision America stop in Olympia, Washington. "When he was 90, he told all of us he was gonna live to 95. When he approached 95, he moved the goalpost. He said, 'I'm now gonna live to be 100.' ... I hope he does."
Franklin shared some more details about Billy Graham in his most recent letter to friends and supporters of the BGEA. Here is an excerpt from that letter:
Many ask about my father. He is still in his own home and often eats meals at the kitchen table as he has always done. Approaching age 98, he lives with limitations typical of old age—his eyesight is very poor, his hearing is not good, and he uses a wheelchair. Someone is with him in the house at all times.
One of the things he enjoys is sitting on the front porch and looking out over the mountains on days when the weather is good and he feels up to it. He watches news with the help of a large-screen TV. His ministry now is praying, and he looks forward to reports of what God is doing around the world. He always responds by saying, "Praise the Lord," as he points upward.
Billy Graham once said, "We have so many battles going on in America today that we should be a people of prayer. Our leaders need prayer. Our schools need prayer. Our youth need our prayers. Our families need our prayers."
This article originally appeared on BillyGraham.org.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details