As Christians worldwide mark the suffering and death of Jesus Christ on Good Friday, March 25, 2016, the Pro-Life Action League leads Christians across America in The Way of the Cross for Victims of Abortion, commemorating the deaths of the nearly 60 million children lost to abortion since its legalization in 1973. Seventy abortion facilities coast to coast will be surrounded by somber crowds praying and meditating on this Christian holy day.
"These children's lives are ended, deliberately, before they even get to take their first breath," explained Eric Scheidler, executive director of the Pro-Life Action League. "As Christians, we seek Christ's forgiveness for our sins. This sin of killing our own children is one of which our entire society must repent. If we cannot protect the child in the womb, we will never truly be a civilized, compassionate people. As long as we continue to discard unborn babies, all efforts to help the poor, needy and disenfranchised ring hollow. Unborn lives matter to Jesus."
These prayer vigils at abortion clinics in 28 states include seven in California; five each in Pennsylvania, Texas and New York; and four in Ohio and Illinois. Well over half the abortion locations are affiliates of Planned Parenthood, the nation's largest abortion chain.
Under social media hashtag #ProLifeGoodFriday, participants will share their thoughts and experiences on The Way of the Cross for Victims of Abortion.
"More than 3,300 babies are put to death by abortion every day in the United States—even on Good Friday, and it's happening in our town, in every town," Scheidler declares. "This solemn day that has been revered for centuries is an ideal time for pro-life Americans to put their convictions into effective action. Each year, we witness how prayers offered for all the victims of abortion—the children lost, the mothers wounded, the communities blighted—are changing hearts and saving lives," Scheidler added.
The Pro-Life Action League invites clergy and concerned individuals to participate in this nationwide prayer service, The Way of the Cross for Victims of Abortion, in their own communities. A list of observance locations across the nation is available here [prolifeaction.org/
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details