After a down-to-the-wire win against the New England Patriots to win the AFC Championship, the Denver Broncos are headed to Super Bowl 50 this week to take on the Carolina Panthers. And for his second trip to the big game, tight end Virgil Green is hoping for his first Super Bowl ring, but knows there's something much greater in life too.
Fellowship of Christian Athletes Magazine highlighted Green in the "6 Questions" feature for the January/February 2015 issue, which gives fans an inside look at some of their favorite faithful athletes. After the win against the Patriots that secured the Broncos' spot in the big game, Green tweeted: "All Glory to God!!!! Once again I Love My Squad!!!! #SB50."
"We're thrilled for Denver Bronco tight end Virgil Green as he heads to Super Bowl 50," said Clay Meyer, editor of FCA Magazine. "And we love when fans get to see players give God all the glory for the wins, as well as trust Him during the losses. The players we feature in FCA Magazine know that what they do in life, rather than on the football field, has much more impact for eternity, especially in reaching young fans who are looking up to them."
"6 Questions" with Denver Broncos tight end Virgil Green:
1) Being a Christ follower means: Believing that Christ died on the cross for my sins and putting my full trust and faith in Christ through the good and bad times.
2) Something most people do not know about playing in the NFL is: There is a lot more studying than expected in terms of watching film and knowing the playbook.
3) I intentionally bring Jesus into my game by: Praying before every game and writing on my right wrist tape 'Faith' and 'Psalm 91.'
4) The most memorable moment of my football career has been: Beating Boise State my senior year at Nevada for the first time in 10 years and winning the WAC Championship.
5) One piece of athletic advice I'd share with kids is: You have to be willing to work. No matter what, let nothing stand in the way of the pursuit of your dreams.
6) One piece of spiritual advice I'd share with kids is: Never be embarrassed of your faith. People will try to make it seem like being a Christ follower is weird. Like Ephesians 6:10-18 says, "stand firm."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.