Ryan Michael Hill, son of the late evangelist Steve Hill, died Saturday in Orlando, Fla., at the age of 27. Ryan had attended Full Sail University in Winter Park, Fla., where he was pursuing his dreams in the field of TV and Media Production.
Born in Argentina on October 8, 1987, Ryan was given little chance of living more than just a few days. He was seven weeks premature, weighing just 3 lbs., 15 oz. at 16" long. His parents, Steve and Jeri Hill, adopted this precious child as their own, believing even a baby with a few days to live deserved a loving mom and dad. Miraculously, Ryan survived and grew up to be a strong and healthy young man who would later enjoy strenuous sports such as hockey and football.
Ryan was with his family as they pioneered works around the world in Argentina, Spain and Russia. When Ryan was seven, his family moved to Pensacola because of the Brownsville Revival. It was there he developed a fascination with media. He loved working behind the camera. Ryan went on to work with Daystar, GodTV and Fusion Production Company where he worked on programs for the Food Network, NASA and other major companies. But his favorite thing to do was to film his dad as he preached. Together they dreamed of creative ways to touch the world with the gospel through media.
Ryan graduated from the Teen Challenge Men's Program in the spring of 2012. He then served as an intern with the Muskegon Teen Challenge, the Boston Teen Challenge and Vero Beach Boys Ranch. During this time Ryan was able to use his media skills to produce several videos that capture some of the testimonies of those who've gone through Teen Challenge and a promotional video for the Vero Beach Boys Ranch. He also filmed the footage for prodigalsonly.com, a website that his father, the late Steve Hill, developed to help prodigal sons and daughters find their way back home to Christ.
Ryan is survived by his mother, Jeri Hill, and sisters, Shelby Hill Levy and Kelsey Hill. He is preceded in death by his father, Steve Hill.
Your thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated as the entire family mourns their tragic loss. Those wishing to leave their thoughts and comments with the family can visit Jeri's Facebook page.
Jeri Hill recently posted a picture of Steve and Ryan together stating "My heart is broken to lay him to rest this week near his daddy. To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. I2 Cor. 5:8."
Many have asked how they can help. A Memorial Fund has been set up with Go Fund Me to help Jeri and the family cover the unexpected expenses of the funeral and arrangements.
More details will be posted soon regarding dates and times of funeral services.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details