A Florida woman allegedly murdered her former same-sex partner's 2-year-old daughter after hearing a sermon on God's test of Abraham when He told Abraham to make a burned sacrifice of his son, Isaac.
Kymberley Dawn Lucas is also accused of trying to kill her ex-partner's 10-year-old son before attempting to commit suicide.
The sermon was preached at the Metropolitan Community Church of the Palm Beaches, where Lucas took her ex-partner's children, Elliana and Ethan.
The Sun SentinelSun Sentinel reports that Lucas, 40, gave the boy a pill dissolved in coffee, telling him it would help him grow. She gave the girl "half the pill" with water and then took her into the bathroom for a bath.
Ethan reportedly went to lay down in his room because he felt tired and dizzy and woke up to find Lucas sleeping beside him, without his sister. He opened the locked bathroom door with a knife, where he discovered Elliana in the bathtub submerged in water, according to an affidavit. "He pulled her out and began CPR," it says.
He called 911 after unsuccessfully trying to wake Lucas.
Police reportedly found a note on her computer that reads: "Lea's sermon really, really touched me yesterday, but God never told me to stop!"
The note refers to the Rev. Lea Brown, senior pastor at the church.
"There is no comprehension, there's no reasoning, there's no answer as to why," Brown said. "It's a horrible thing that's happened, and as a minister of the gospel, the good news, my hope is that we will be God's love to one another.
"She was really an exceptional child, and she was just incredibly sweet and loving and happy," she said of Elliana.
Brown told WPEC she did not regret giving the sermon, as "It's what I was called to do," and said, "There's no way anyone could have predicted this."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details