Former Army chaplain, author and minister James C. Pippin died on July 16. He was 91 years old.
Pippin entered the U.S. Army in 1951 as a chaplain and eventually rose to the rank of full bird colonel. According to The Oklahoman, “He was one of the highest-ranking denominational clergymen to minister in the gifts of the Holy Spirit.”
Pippin resigned as senior pastor of the 3,600-member First Christian Church in Oklahoma City, Okla.—one of the five largest churches in his denomination—in 1972. His work in ministry saw him travel all over the world, including Melodyland in Anaheim, Calif., where he began a longtime friendship with the Rev. Ralph Wilkerson and served on the board of directors for Nora Lam Ministries.
He had A.B., M.Div. and D.D. degrees from Phillips University, where he met longtime friend the Rev. Oral Roberts. He also received a doctor of ministry degree from American Christian College and Seminary in Oklahoma City, where he was a professor.
Using laughter as a vital part of his ministry, Pippin hosted Laughing With the Lord! a weekly series on Trinity Broadcasting Network. Creation House published his autobiography, A Miracle a Minute! in 2001, and he had hoped to write a second book, titled Laughing With the Lord: The Humor of Christ.
Pippin and his wife of 62 years, Allene, owned Flower Mini-Mart and Parr’s Flowers. He is survived by Allene, daughter Anne, granddaughter Alecia and great-grandson Otis.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details