According to 2010 census data, nearly 37 million people in the United States over the age of 5 speak Spanish as their first language. Further, Spanish is recognized as the third most common language among Internet users worldwide.
With this in mind, the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA) has expanded its online evangelism ministry by launching PazConDios.net, a Spanish-language site that shares the love and hope of Jesus.
Over the past year, an average of more than 2,500 people every day have visited the site, with 600,000 viewing a gospel presentation about hope in Jesus and 78,000 registering that they prayed to make a commitment to Christ. PazConDios.net was first launched in June 2012.
“It has been the mission of this organization for more than 60 years to reach people with the gospel of Jesus Christ,” says John Cass, BGEA’s director for Internet evangelism. “For decades, Billy Graham would fill entire stadiums with an audience seeking to hear his message. Today we have the ability to not only reach an arena but reach around the world. As we continue to develop our online evangelism and expand the languages in which we minister, cyberspace has become the largest arena yet.”
How It Works
The ministry uses a unique combination of Google ads and compelling video presentations to invite visitors to the site. When a question such as “¿Existe un Dios?” (“Is there a God?”) or “¿Hay esperanza?” (“Is there hope?”) is entered into Google, the searcher is pointed to landing pages and then given the opportunity to click to visit PazConDios.net. There, they can view the gospel message and testimonies of what God has done in the lives of real people.
“When someone clicks through to PazConDios.net, they are shown that, yes, there is a God, and, yes, He does love them dearly,” Cass says.
After viewing the content of the site, the visitor is given the opportunity to register a commitment to Jesus and is provided with follow-up materials to help develop their newfound faith.
Volunteer Ministry Opportunity
BGEA is also currently laying the groundwork for an expansive network of trained and vetted volunteers who can answer spiritual questions and offer encouragement once a decision has been registered. Spanish-speaking Christians who are interested in volunteering are encouraged to contact BGEA by visiting EnbuscadeJesus.net or emailing EnbuscadeJesus@bgea.org.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details