According to a survey by the National Association of Evangelicals (NAE) most evangelical leaders believe the U.S. should stay the course in Iraq. Even those who felt the invasion was not initially justified supported continued U.S. presence in Iraq.
“Iraq represents that existential threat we have from global Islamic Jihadists,” said one unidentified leader. “We must defeat it in Iraq, Afghanistan and then act pre-emptively to destroy it wherever it emerges.”
Though the majority of respondents supported the war, the NAE reported that many leaders voiced serious reservations.
“I am also very concerned that the ardent support by evangelicals for the war in Iraq, and unquestioning support of President Bush has made evangelicals appear as if we are ‘pro-war.’
The increasing battle cry among evangelicals to fight radical Islamists is also troubling to me,” said one leader.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.