In a plea bargain agreement Bishop Thomas Weeks III, head of Global Destiny Ministries, pleaded guilty on Tuesday to aggravated assault for pushing and kicking his wife, evangelist Juanita Bynum, in the parking lot of an Atlanta hotel last August.
The dramatic turnaround in the high-profile criminal case came after Weeks, separated from contact with Bynum by a restraining order issued lastÂ summer,Â met with his wife shortly after divorce proceedings on Monday and the two “fell into each other’s arms,” reported the Atlanta Journal-Constitution (AJC).
Bynum said she softened toward Weeks after realizing she still had feelings for her husband, who later apologized and thanked his wife in court.
In exchange for Weeks’ guilty plea to the felony charge of aggravated assault the court ordered him to three years’ probation, 200 hours of non-church related community service and anger-management counseling, reported the AJC.
Bynum also said she was compelled to ask the court that her husband receive no jail time after Weeks’ grandfather called her to intervene. What happened with the divorce proceedings, or if the two decide to reconcile, was not yet made clear by the couple.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.