The Bible is America's favorite book, according to a new survey. It came in first in a Harris Poll of nearly 2,513 adults, but the second choice in the survey was not as clear cut, Reuters reported.
"While the Bible is No. 1 among each of the different demographic groups, there is a large difference in the No. 2 favorite book," Harris said in a statement announcing the results.
Men chose J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings and women selected Margaret Mitchell's Gone With the Wind as their second-favorite book, according to the online poll. But the second choice for 18- to 31-year-olds was J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series, while 32- to 43-year-olds named Stephen King's The Stand and Dan Brown's Angels & Demons.Picks for second-favorite book also varied according to region. Gone With the Wind was No. 2 in the Southern and Midwestern states, while easterners chose The Lord of the Rings and westerners opted for The Stand, Reuters reported.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details