MorningStar Ministries founder Rick Joyner has convened some 300 ministry leaders to help launch an organization aimed at mobilizing Christians to bring "profound changes to the political, financial and spiritual landscapes of the world."
The new initiative is being formed this week during the Summit, a leaders-only conference that began today at Joyner's Heritage International Ministries in Fort Mill, S.C., and runs through Saturday.
The burgeoning organization is designed to unite Christians and is not intended to be another conservative political movement, Joyner wrote in a July prophetic bulletin announcing the Summit.
"Our devotion is to wake up the sleeping church in America to seek the kingdom first, and God's righteousness, believing that when this happens we will become the salt and light we are called to be," Joyner wrote. "By this we will have the impact that we should in government and every one of the seven realms of power and influence over man."
The Summit will be broadcast on God TV beginning tonight at 11 p.m., Eastern. Speakers include former Brownsville Revival leader John Kilpatrick, now pastor of Church of His Presence in Daphne, Ala.
The conference comes on the heels of a series of invitation-only meetings Joyner has hosted with church leaders seeking to address political, spiritual and economic "crises."
In recent months, Joyner has been outspoken in his opposition to President Obama's health reform bill, saying the plan would lead to euthanasia and government rationing of health care.
In late June, MorningStar Ministries was one of more than two dozen conservative Christian groups that helped launch the Freedom Federation, which today issued a statement opposing health care that funds abortion and "treats life as a cost-benefit commodity."
But Joyner said the two organizations are distinctly separate. Details about the new initiative are being developed this week, but Joyner said the organization is intended to "mobilize and support" ministries seeking to "face and overcome the major crises and strongholds of our times."
In addition to forming the new organization, Joyner said Summit participants will address "some of the critical issues of our times as well as the incredible opportunities that face the church to be salt and light."
"With unity there is a multiplication of authority," he said, "and I believe this is going to be our most important church mobilization conference ever."
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.