Former Kansas Attorney General Phill Kline—the only prosecutor in the U.S. who has ever brought charges against Planned Parenthood—is in the midst of a two-week hearing before the state ethics panel in Topeka.
Disciplinary Administrator Stanton Hazlett is looking to remove Kline's law license, claiming he mishandled evidence against the nation's largest abortion seller.
"This week's hearing amounts to the tormenting of a man for doing his job," columnist Kathryn Jean Lopez wrote at NationalReview.com. "And, God help him, for doing it while daring to believe that the whole culture of death is a corrosive evil."
Kline was elected attorney general in 2002. When he began to investigate whether Planned Parenthood might be breaking the law, the abortion industry nationwide poured more than $2 million into the state to oppose his re-election. Not surprisingly, he lost.
Kline was allowed to retain jurisdiction over the Planned Parenthood investigation when he was appointed prosecutor of Johnson County. Less than a year later—in October 2007—he filed 107 criminal charges against Planned Parenthood of Kansas and Mid-Missouri, including 23 felonies. Those charges are pending.
Mary Kay Culp, executive director of Kansans for Life, said, "The Left'"s biggest beef with Kline is that he subpoenaed medical records—which did not identify patients.
Kline, who now is teaching at Liberty University, is being defended by the Chicago-based Thomas More Society. Executive Director Peter Breen said the hearing is nothing more than a political witch hunt.
"This proceeding is not being brought in order to remedy serious and significant ethics violations to protect the public in some way," he said. "It truly is being brought as a political move to punish Phill Kline for daring to investigate abortion clinics."
Lopez said Kline should be applauded. "He should be considered a trailblazer, and a hero for women and children and law and justice," she wrote. "Instead, Planned Parenthood and its allies plan to dance on his professional grave in the coming days, making him a disgraced former prosecutor for the history books."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details