|Copyright Associated Press|
Rumors abound that Bishop Eddie Long's wife, Vanessa, has moved out of the Long home.
New Birth Missionary Baptist Church is vehemently disputing the rumors.
"Well-placed spies for The Mo'Kelly Report and long-time members of New Birth are alleging that Vanessa Long, the First Lady of New Birth, has moved out of the house, in fact taking one of the children with her due to the scandal," The Mo'Kelly Report published.
After vowing to his congregation to fight, Atlanta megachurch pastor Eddie Long quietly settled the sexual misconduct lawsuits filed against him in May.
Four men—all former members of Long's church now in their early 20s—claim the pastor used gifts, trips and money to coerce them into engaging in sex acts with him beginning when they were 17 or 18. Because the men were over the age of consent in Georgia, which is 16, no criminal charges were filed.
Although New Birth typically does not respond to rumors, the church felt it needed to address the reports, which bloggers are basing on anonymous sources.
"That claim is completely and absolutely false," according to a published statement from church spokesman Art Franklin. "Mrs. Long is very much a loving, dedicated and committed wife and mother."
New Birth is asking bloggers to retract their stories.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details