It's not too late for NBC to call off the soon-to-be-aired series, "The Playboy Club," just as Hugh Hefner's fiancee called off their wedding scheduled for Saturday.
So says The Coalition for the War on Illegal Pornography. The coalition is launching a full-scale effort to stop the show from being profitable.
"Maybe Crystal Harris is learning what women everywhere have learned—that sleazy Hugh Hefner and his Playboy philosophy are good for no one," says Patrick A. Trueman, president of Morality in Media, the lead organization in the War on Illegal Pornography Coalition. "NBC will also learn that a marriage to Hefner and Playboy will make for [a] dreary future."
Trueman says it's not too late for NBC to salvage its brand by calling off this new series, which will contribute to the sexual objectification and exploitation of women and encourage greater acceptance of pornography. Harm from pornography is a worldwide pandemic and Trueman blames Playboy for starting it all.
"NBC may have a license to use the public airwaves, but it abuses its privilege when it collaborates with hardcore pornographer Playboy and promotes the sexual exploitation of women," he says. "'The Playboy Club' and the Playboy philosophy must be stopped."
Trueman noted that a Utah NBC affiliate announced it won't carry the show on its network because its parent company and the Playboy brand are "completely inconsistent." Trueman predicted that other stations would follow suit.
The War on Illegal Pornography coalition is organizing a nationwide citizen effort to target all NBC affiliates urging that they refuse to carry the show. The coalition is also organizing a boycott of show sponsors to make it unprofitable for NBC to carry the show.
Says Trueman, "Sexual exploitation has its cost and its time the promoters of such harm feel the pain."
Trueman is encouraging citizens to sign the pledge to make it unprofitable for NBC to exploit women.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details