While Christian groups are still upset about NBC's seemingly half-hearted apology for nixing "under God" from the pledge of allegiance during a weekend sports broadcast, others are moving to rededicate the nation to God.
Indeed, churches across the United States are being asked to join together in prayer to rededicate the nation to Jesus Christ during Sunday services on July 3.
"As the USA draws near to God, God will draw near to the USA," says Pastor Steven Andrew, founder of USA Christian Ministries, a ministry dedicated to uniting America in Christ, and author of Making a Strong Christian Nation.
"We are encouraging all churches to include the covenant insert in their bulletins on Sunday, July 3rd," he continues. "We also ask individuals and other patriotic groups like the Tea Party, homeschool groups and pro-life America to distribute the handout and to pray the covenant on July 4th."
Andrew is inviting both Protestant and Catholic congregations to participate in the national covenant prayer. This patriotic affirmation aims to serve as a reminder of our Founding Fathers. John Adams said the Fourth of July "ought to be commemorated as the day of deliverance by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty."
"Pastors know that a national covenant with God brings God's blessings, including God's presence, protection and economic prosperity," adds Andrew. He points to Scripture that shows us King Asa called the people to affirm their covenant with God and God blessed them.
Here is the body of Andrew's covenant prayer, which is based on Psalm 33:12, Mark 12:30, John 13:34 and 2 Chronicles 15:12:
As Your Christian nation, we affirm our covenant: You, the LORD, are the God of the USA and we are Your people. Jesus is our King. We obey what You say in the Holy Bible. We love You with all our heart, soul, mind and strength. We love one another as Jesus loved us. We ask You to forgive our sins by Jesus' sacrifice.
In Jesus' name. Amen.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details