Give the Lord a hand. That's what Kennan Burch wants the world to do on Applause Day.
Burch, founder of Brand Catalyst & Coach, has dubbed Saturday (June 25) Applause Day—and he wants to incite the globe to applaud Jesus Christ.
Burch's initiative is based on Romans 1:20: "For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and his divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood by what has been made, so that men are without excuse."
"After dealing with a friend's suicide and a father that slipped into a dark depression, I was at a loss for hope for the future. I was definitely not paying attention or applauding," says Burch. "However, during my hard time I would regularly get phone calls from a long-standing friend I new from high school named Jim. He has suffered more challenging circumstances than most will ever face, and yet he 'Joins the Applause' every day."
Burch explains that Jim has suffered through two unwanted divorces, multiple sclerosis and basically the loss of everything in which most people find security. For the last 20 years, he has been confined to a bed or a wheelchair and is forced to rely on others for everything.
Burch remembers getting a call from Jim one Sunday afternoon. He said: "Have you seen the latest pictures from the Hubble Space Telescope? What we are finding out about God is absolutely incredible."
"Jim sees the world differently. As long as he has one eye to see, he's going to see and applaud. Or one ear to hear, he will hear and applaud," Burch says. "If Jim can applaud, then certain certainly I can learn his secret and join him. And, maybe you can too. Truly, gratitude can change everything."
Burch hopes Applause Day will serve as a catalyst for people to learn more about God's invisible qualities, eternal power and divine nature. And, by participating in Applause Day, he hopes to ignite a movement of gratitude to God.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details