AP Photo/Joel Page
Kansas could become the first abortion-free state in the nation.
According to the new state law, clinics offering abortions must meet minimum safety standards before they can be licensed. If clinics fail to meet the new standards, they cannot legally do abortions.
The Kansas Department of Health and Environment has the authority to deny, suspend or revoke a license, and has the authority to fine a clinic for violations and go into court to ask that a clinic be closed. The KDHE will notifiy the trio of clinics on July 1 as to whether or not they can continue killing unborn babies.
"We have doubts that any of the abortion clinics can meet the safety requirements of the new law," says Operation Rescue President Troy Newman. "If they cannot comply, all three abortion clinics would be forced to cease abortion operations, making Kansas the first abortion-free state in the nation."
The new standards include having an emergency door that can accommodate a gurney. The lack of such a door contributed to the death of Karnamaya Monger in Pennsylvania after an abortion by the notorious Kermit Gosnell.
Other requirements include maintaining proper emergency equipment, drugs and protocols, having proper lighting and ventilation, lavatory areas, and spaces for the sterilization of surgical equipment. Clinics must also have a licensed nurse in the clinic when abortions are done. Operation Rescue has documented that it is a common practice for abortion clinics to employ under-trained, unqualified staff.
The first inspections under a new law began on Wednesday morning at Comprehensive Health of Planned Parenthood, an Overland Park abortion clinic that is currently facing 107 criminal charges related to illegal late-term abortions. The initial inspection is said to be a two-day review. The other two abortion clinics will be inspected within the next few days.
"If clinics cannot comply with these minimum safety standards, they are simply too dangerous to continue to operate. It is shocking that anyone would even question whether or not women deserve to be protected from shoddy and unsafe abortion practices," says Newman. "We certainly believe there is no such thing as a 'safe' abortion clinic. Abortionists have the attitude that they are above the law and will likely not keep it, therefore the best way to protect women is to close the abortion clinics."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details