The much-anticipated, long-awaited toxicology results for Florida pastor Zachery Tims should be available later this week, according to the New York Chief Medical Examiner's office.
A Public Affairs representative for the New York Chief Medical Examiner's office told Charisma News Tuesday that the case is still pending, and results may be available Wednesday or Thursday.
Tims, senior pastor of New Destiny Christian Center (NDCC) in the Orlando, Fla.-area, was found dead Aug. 12 in his room at the W Hotel in Times Square.
The 42-year-old was in town for a speaking engagement when hotel housekeepers discovered his body on the floor of his room. Daily News reported that a police source said Tims may have died of a drug overdose, as a small glassine envelope containing a white substance was found in Tims' pocket.
Tims was a self-proclaimed former drug user and even wrote about his story in his book, It's Never Too Late. At the funeral, Bishop T.D. Jakes spoke about how unhappy Tims was before his death.
“I thought I was the only one who knew how unhappy Zach was, how broken he was, how afraid he was if anybody was to see any flaw in him,” Jakes said. “He tried hard to heal himself, to fix himself … I don't know what happened in that room in New York, but I can only hope that as Zach was dying, Dr. Tims stood up.”
Tims and his then-wife, pastor Riva Tims, founded NDCC in 1996. Many have wondered about the fate of the megachurch and if Riva Tims will return to shepherd a broken flock.
In a Facebook post on Monday, Tims wrote: “In response to so many of your inquiries..I have gotten an overwhelming response from my New Destiny Family to come home and/or at least minister to them. However, I have not been contacted by NDCC staff to return or to assist in the transition. I will continue to pray and cover NDCC, that the vision Zack and I birthed will continue! Thanks for all of your love and prayers.”
Stay tuned to Charisma News for updates on the toxicology report.
Jennifer LeClaire contributed to this report.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details