Two California abortionists, Jesse James Joplin and Feliciano Rios, have fallen under discipline from the California Medical Board this month.
Documents show that Joplin, an abortionist with Planned Parenthood Mar Monte for 27 years, had his licensed revoked after repeatedly violating probations imposed by the board. Joplin's discipline arises from years of alcoholism. His reported attempts at recovery have been unsuccessful, nevertheless, Planned Parenthood continued to keep him employed doing surgical abortions even though his alcohol abuse was evident. Joplin's license was permanently revoked on Sept. 13.
The medical license of Rios, of Chula Vista, California, was suspended for 60 days in an order issued by the Board that went into effect on Tuesday.
Rios' discipline is the result of criminal felony convictions for grand theft, Medi-Cal fraud and perjury. Rios was placed on probation after those convictions and restricted from owning firearms. After records showed that Rios failed to transfer ownership of his weapons, police searched his abortion clinic and found three handguns, two of which were semi-automatic, locked in a filing cabinet fully loaded with ammunition. Possession of the firearms constituted a violation of his criminal probation.
In addition to the suspension, Rios is ordered to take an ethics course and not engage in the solo practice of medicine. Another physician will be appointed to monitor Rios once his suspension is served.
"It's hard to believe that, after all his crimes, Rios would not merit harsher punishment," said Operation Rescue President Troy Newman. Operation Rescue worked for years to expose Rios. "There's no doubt that this man will re-offend. It's unfortunate that the board did not take stronger measures to protect the public.
"But for now, one very dangerous abortionist is permanently out of the business while another won't be killing children for at least 60 days. That is great news for women and their pre-born babies. More than ever, boards are beginning to take action against offending abortionists. The days of governmental agencies protecting them at any cost are coming to an end in this nation. This is one more message to abortionists everywhere that they are not above the law."
Operation Rescue is offering a $25,000 reward for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of abortionists who are breaking the law. For more about the Abortion Whistleblowers Program, click here.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details