Last year over 10,000 families participated in the inaugural National Backyard Concert and Campout. This year, on May 21, families across the country will gather in their backyards, at their churches and in parks and campgrounds to participate in the second annual National Backyard Concert and Campout, led by Trail Life USA.
Trail Life USA is the premier national character development organization for young men which produces godly and responsible husbands, fathers and citizens. Their mission is to guide generations of courageous young men to honor God, lead with integrity, serve others and experience outdoor adventure.
"Trail Life USA provides this opportunity for families to pause from the craziness of the past year, pitch a tent in the backyard or build a furniture fort in the living room, pop some popcorn, roast a few marshmallows, play some games, watch a free concert and make a memory," stated Mark Hancock, CEO of Trail Life USA.
The Annual Backyard Concert and Campout Event will kick off at 9 p.m. Eastern with a performance by for King & Country and appearances by special guests Dennis Rainey, Daniel Huerta from Focus on the Family and Franklin Graham from Samaritan's Purse. The brothers, Joel and Luke Smallbone of for King & Country, resonate strongly with the culture and mission of Trail Life USA, having grown up in a large family of seven children. From a young age, they recall riding tractors with their dad, homeschooling with their mom, praying their way as a family through adversity and learning from their father what it means to be a man who protects, provides and cares for his family.
The Australian-born, Nashville-based duo has garnered four No. 1 hits ("Joy," "Priceless," "Fix My Eyes" and "Shoulders") and nine Top 10 hits. Their music has been featured on the Emmys, the Super Bowl, Sunday Night Football and many other high-profile events, including performances on The Tonight Show, Today and Jimmy Kimmel Live!
Since Trail Life USA launched on Jan. 1, 2014, it has grown to over 30,000 members and over 850 Troops across the nation. The K-12 program centers on outdoor experiences that build a young man's skills. A robust awards program motivates young men to grow on a personal level to become role models and leaders among their peers. Living the Trail Life USA is a journey established on timeless values derived from the Bible.
To learn more about Trail Life USA or register for this year's National Backyard Concert and Campout, visit backyardcampout.fun.
Follow breaking news like this and more in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details