Lots of things can happen during the 40 Days for Life. The annual campaign of prayer, fasting and 24-hour vigils outside abortion clinics has saved thousands of unborn children and led to countless conversions.
It has also brought together people of faith from many Christian denominations.
The 40 Days for Life began on Feb. 17, coinciding with Ash Wednesday, which marked the beginning of Lent. The campaign ends on March 28, while Lent continues until Easter Weekend, ending on Holy Saturday (April 2), the day before Easter.
Many employees at Timothy Plan are participating in the 40 Days of Life. Timothy Plan is an Orlando-based, biblically responsible investing firm launched in 1994 directly as a result of the pro-life activism of Art Ally, founder and president of the company.
The Planned Parenthood clinic on University Boulevard in Orlando will be the focus of a 40 Days of Life vigil. Some Timothy employees have pledged to pray, while others will take part in the vigil outside the clinic.
"I'm proud of our people, who are walking the walk, not just talking the talk," Ally said. "We are doing whatever we can to assist in the campaign. I can't think of a more powerful demonstration of the power of prayer than what the Lord has done through the 40 Days for Life campaign in such a short time." He continues, "God's touch of the human heart, opened by prayer, truly reaps miracles."
What began as a Roman Catholic, pro-life crusade has blossomed into a Christian community event spanning six continents. The very first year, 2007, Coalition for Life had campaigns in 89 cities in 33 states, which quickly built to all 50 states and then around the world as 40 Days for Life. Cities hosting the vigils include Toronto, London, Sydney, Mexico City, Cape Town, Bogota, Moscow and Hong Kong.
The group estimates that at least 18,000 lives have been saved because of the vigils, which are held around the clock at abortion clinics for the entire 40 days. In addition, 40 Days for Life reports the closing of at least 107 abortion clinics, including the one in Bryan/College Station, which now houses the international headquarters for 40 Days for Life.
Visit timothyplan.com or call 800-846-7526 for more information.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details