Among other things, President Donald Trump was elected because of his promise to secure America's borders and reform immigration. Voters resonated with this "America first" commitment, and today, little has changed.
In fact, with violent throngs of those intent on storming U.S. borders—and hurling rocks at border patrol agents in the process over the Thanksgiving weekend—many Americans still want safe borders, despite what mainstream media reports or what celebrities post on social media.
Stephen E. Strang, a best-selling author who released his newest book, Trump Aftershock, on Election Day, details the president's many accomplishments in a section of the book called "500 Days of American Greatness." Included is the fact that America's communities are safe and more secure.
"President Trump has worked to secure our borders, enforce our immigration laws, and protect the safety and security of American communities," Strang says. "Despite a vocal contingent posting sentiments about separated families and women and children, the majority of Americans want to keep our country safe—and keep our families protected and unharmed. Legal immigration is an American ideal—nearly all of us can trace our roots to another ethnicity—but this is one of the major reasons why evangelicals voted for President Trump. It is common sense to protect our borders the same way we protect our homes and churches. Anything less is inviting trouble into the nation."
The special section on Trump's accomplishments highlights these immigration facts:
- Despite limited resources and obstruction from Congress, President Trump has worked to take control of our border and enforce our immigration laws.
- President Trump has called on Congress to provide the resources needed to secure our borders and close loopholes that prevent immigration laws from being fully enforced.
- President Trump authorized the deployment of the National Guard to help secure our borders.
- President Trump's administration has carried out immigration enforcement efforts based on the rule of law. For example, from the start of President Trump's administration to the end of FY 2017, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) made 110,568 arrests of illegal aliens. Arrests made in this time frame represented a 42 percent increase from the same time frame in FY 2016. Of the 110,568 arrests made, 92 percent had a criminal conviction, pending criminal charge, were an ICE fugitive or had a reinstated final order of removal.
Released on Election Day, Trump Aftershock explores the "president's seismic impact on culture and faith in America" and uncovers unreported facts while objectively helping readers understand what the nation's most unlikely and unconventional president has accomplished.
Stephen E. Strang is the best‐selling author of God and Donald Trump, which was brandished by the president during his appearance at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, in 2018. The CEO and founder of Charisma Media, Strang was voted by Time magazine as one of the most influential evangelicals in America. He has traveled to more than 50 countries, has interviewed four U.S. presidents and has been featured on Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, CBN, Dr. James Dobson's "Family Talk" and The Daily Caller.
Trump Aftershock is published by FrontLine, an imprint of Charisma House, which has published books that challenge, encourage, teach and equip Christians, including 14 New York Times best-sellers.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details