While the rest of the world was busy watching the goings-on at the Senate Intelligence Committee hearing on Thursday, Judicial Watch was putting the final nail in former FBI Director James Comey's assertion that he couldn't recommend an indictment of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton because there wasn't any proof of intent to break the law.
Here's the proof he said didn't exist:
- March 6 — Assistant Secretary of State for Diplomatic Security Eric J. Boswell sent a memo to Clinton's chief of staff, Cheryl Mills, in which he stated: "I cannot stress too strongly, however, that any unclassified BlackBerry is highly vulnerable in any setting to remotely and covertly monitoring conversations, retrieving email, and exploiting calendars."
- March 7 — Former California Gov. Arnold Schwartzenegger's chief of staff, Susan Kennedy, sent a brief message via email to Clinton that stated: "Just in case you are still allowed to carry your blackberry, your friends are watching with great pride."
- March 8 — In response to Kennedy's email, Clinton writes: "Against the advice of the security hawks, I still do carry my berry but am prohibited from using it in my office, where I spend most of my time when I'm not on a plane or in a 'no coverage' country."
So, not only do we know that Clinton was using an unclassified email server to conduct classified government business, we know she was accessing it with an unsecured BlackBerry. Further, we know that she was told not to do it, and she did it anyway, putting national security interests behind those of her personal convenience.
This new communication was not among the 55,000 pages of emails Clinton turned over to the Department of State, which she said "as far as she knew," constituted all of her government emails. Judicial Watch has now discovered more than 400 such emails through its Freedom of Information Act lawsuits against the Department of State.
"Mrs. Clinton seemingly ignored the advice of 'security hawks' and violated numerous laws related to the handling of classified material and government documents," Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton said. "The State Department sat on this document for 18 months. It is a smoking gun that shows why she must held accountable under criminal and civil law."
Meanwhile, back at the Hart Senate Office Building, Comey told members of the Senate Intelligence Committee he was pressured by the Clinton campaign and by former Attorney General Loretta Lynch to label the FBI investigation as a "matter," not an investigation. He also noted that he felt Lynch was conflicted by the case, and that a special counsel would have been appropriate under the circumstances.
Clinton's legal troubles may be nowhere near over now.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details