What does the average American think about the Supreme Court's 1973 decision in Roe v. Wade that effectively made abortion on demand available throughout the U.S., leading to the deaths of millions of unborn children in the U.S.?
Well, it depends on how you phrase that question.
If you phrase it in such a way as to suggest that repealing Roe will immediately result in a national ban on abortion—which is not true, by the way—you get the results that Democrats and liberal mainstream media types would like you to believe: an overwhelming majority of Americans who have been polled oppose such an action. But, if you phrase the question like the Human Family Research Center did recently, you're going to get an entirely different result.
Their poll found:
Americans are much more evenly divided on the issue than recent surveys, such as those conducted by PEW and Gallup, indicated. Those polls claim an almost 70 percent support rate among the public for Roe. The HFRC poll found that, when participants were made aware that an overruling would not lead to outlawing abortion outright, but would instead return the issue to the states, fewer than half of poll participants supported Roe, while the number of those demanding change increased substantially. Unlike prior polls, the HFRC poll explained what Roe actually said before asking questions of participants, all registered voters. The result does make sense since other polls also show that a majority of Americans oppose many of the abortions Roe allows.
HFRC President Denise Mackura said Roe is a "highly unusual" decision that has caused a mass confusion among Americans over the past 44 years. Few understand, she said, that it's taken "no less than 36 cases" for the Supreme Court to fully explain the original decision.
"Contrary to what was claimed by Senator [Dianne] Feinstein at the Gorsuch nomination hearings, Roe has only been upheld in three of those cases," she said. "Last year alone, state legislators proposed 50 bills attempting to interpret the requirements of this troubling decision.
"The American people know that Roe has poisoned our public discourse and politics. It is time to return the issue of abortion to the democratic process."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer