Many believers are heralding and celebrating the emergence of sons and daughters of the kingdom who are finding their identity and purpose in this season. It is time we also recognize the spiritual fathers and mothers who are coming alongside these young pioneers in this multi-generational move of God. The Lord is using this time to not only rebuild some time-tested foundational truths, but to restore a breach of broken trust with spiritual authority figures.
"Those from among you shall rebuild the old waste places; you shall raise up the foundations of many generations; and you shall be called, the Repairer of the Breach, the Restorer of Paths in which to Dwell" (Isa. 58:12).
Due to years of dysfunctional leadership within segments of the church and immature responses to conflict, the body of Christ is undergoing a spiritual makeover. Many who were previously wounded by those in positions of spiritual authority are now being given an opportunity to find healing and restoration within the family of God. Where "spiritual authority" has often been a negative term for those who have felt disenfranchised, abandoned, or even controlled, the Lord is now repairing this breach of trust. The Father's heart regarding healthy authority figures and the role of spiritual moms and dads is coming to the forefront, not only throughout the body of Christ, but even within the highest office in the land.
Scriptures are clear about the place and purpose of healthy spiritual fathers and mothers (2 Kings 2:12, 1 Cor. 4:15, 1 Thess. 2:11, 1 John 2:13-14). God's plan has always been for the body of Christ to be an inter-generational demonstration of an eternal kingdom that is always increasing and expanding, building upon previous lessons and victories (Ps. 12:1-3).
Even as many fivefold ministers are being raised up to equip the saints, these office-holders will only be as effective as the spiritual fathers and mothers in the local houses of worship. The foundational roles of apostle and prophet (Eph. 2:20) will be the most potent and fruitful when these servants lead with the heart of a father and mother who nurture the family for the long haul. It is in this season that God's grace is upon those who have been called to establish a strong and secure household of faith (1 Pet. 2:5). It is upon this solid foundation that the coming move of the Holy Spirit will be poured out and properly stewarded for lasting impact.
For those with eyes to see, we can see heaven's priority in this even within our national leadership in the White House. Whatever many may think about our current president, he bears the fruit of a faithful father. His commitment to his own children and their testimonies of the mutual love and affection for one another, are powerful indicators of this reality in his life. For those who question his success or seeming favor in this season, I believe a key component is due to his heart and perspective as a father.
I believe God is speaking to this "fatherless generation." He is telling us that Dad is back in the house, putting things in order for the sake of His kids. It is not to control, manipulate or coerce, but to lovingly support, undergird and empower the next generation to be all they were destined to be.
The Lord is addressing the lie that spiritual authority can't be trusted. He is giving believers more insight into inner healing and deliverance from this stronghold so the body can be a place of healing and restoration. Once healed and properly functioning within a healthy household of faith, these same sons and daughters will reach our orphaned culture with an overflow of the Father's grace that will be marked by extreme love and supernatural power.
Fathers and mothers are rising up in this hour to come alongside the firebrands, pioneers, and five-fold ministers in order to secure our inheritance in the land. Let us partner with heaven by doing our part in seeing this reality come to pass:
- Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal any negative reaction against spiritual authority to find God's truth and healing grace (Heb. 12:15).
- Pray for those in positions of spiritual authority to be healthy in soul, mind, and spirit so they can lead from the heart of the Father (1 Thess. 5:23).
- Pray for the sons and daughters to embrace the generational blessing of those who have gone before in order to build upon the foundations already laid (Deut. 4:40).
- Pray that the world would see a healthy household of faith rise up to bring healing and restoration to a broken and fatherless culture (Isa. 61:4-7).
Wanda Alger is a field correspondent and writer with Intercessors for America (ifapray.org) and has contributed to numerous online publications such as Christian Post, The Elijah List and Spirit Fuel. She is a recognized fivefold prophetic minister with DOVE USA (dcfi.org) and is the author of several books including, Oracles of Grace: Building a Legacy of Wisdom and Revelation. Follow her blog at wandaalger.me.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer