The left has decided that the great tragedy that we just witnessed down in Florida is an opportunity to try to grab our guns. We are witnessing an all-out assault on the Second Amendment like we haven't seen in decades, and this will undoubtedly be one of the most hotly debated issues as we head into the 2018 midterm elections.
I will never compromise a single inch when it comes to the Second Amendment, but unfortunately not all politicians are willing to take the same stand. In fact, some of my opponents publicly indicated that they were willing to compromise on gun issues even before the tragedy in Florida took place.
The Second Amendment says that the right of the people to keep and bear arms "shall not be infringed."
Unfortunately, there has been a whole lot of infringing going on.
In this race for Congress, a couple of my opponents also say that they are "100% pro-gun", but what they mean by that is very different from what I mean.
The status quo is not acceptable. For decades, Democrats have been moving the ball forward on gun control whenever they are in power, and then Republicans pledge to keep them from going any further once they take control. But the Republicans never go back and actually repeal the bad things that the Democrats put in place.
I live in north Idaho, and I sleep very well at night because I know that virtually everybody is armed. If some thieves decided that it would be a good idea to start breaking into homes at night, they would have extremely short criminal careers.
Gun control is never the answer. Just look at Chicago. It has some of the toughest gun laws in the entire nation and yet murder and other forms of violent crime are completely out of control.
We need to send people to Washington that understand that there can never be any compromise when it comes to our Second Amendment rights.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details