Some lawmakers have been attempting to reach across the aisle to create the best plan for those who are living in the United States illegally because their parents brought them to the country as children.
President Donald Trump even took heat from his own party for working with Democratic foes Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer to find a solution for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) debacle at hand. But Pelosi's usual supporters aren't happy, either. In fact, Monday in San Francisco, Pelosi was verbally attacked during a 30-minute protest where she was called a liar, forcing her to end her press conference early, according to Fox News.
So, asks author, religion and culture expert, and national radio host Dr. Alex McFarland (AlexMcFarland.com), what is the solution? Who are the real "dreamers?"
"'Dreamers' is such an emotional word," McFarland said. "Since when does emotion or supposed wishes or ideals put anyone above the law? Why would we attach the word 'dreamers' to a person who is in the country illegally and has, in essence, broken the law?
"When justice is selective, we override the rule of law," McFarland added. "The real dreamers are those who work hard and pay taxes and dream about politicians who will govern justly. Instead of doing the easy thing, let's do the right thing. We must understand the Constitution rather than cave to pressure, protests or emotions. Do the right thing, leaders. It's hard, but the easy thing is often not the right thing."
McFarland recently debuted his newest book, co-authored with apologist and evangelist Jason Jimenez, called Stand Strong in Your Faith: Live What You Believe with Confidence and Passion. The guide provides Christians with insight and encouragement to keep the faith during the toughest times of life. Stand Strong in Your Faith, released earlier this summer, is available from AlexMcFarland.com.
In another of his new books, Abandoned Faith: Why Millennials Are Walking Away and How You Can Lead Them Home, also co-authored with Jimenez, McFarland explores why Millennials are leaving the church, instructs how those who love Millennials can bring them back and offers the hope of Christ to parents, especially as they seek to understand what propels their adult children as they begin to come into their own.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.