The new relationships and sex education subjects should be "LGBT-inclusive," the Minister for Equalities has said.
Nick Gibb also promised a wide-reaching consultation on the plans, which cover English schools.
Gibb, who revealed that he is gay in 2015, made the comments in an interview with homosexual news website PinkNews.
The government is currently drawing up changes to sex education to create relationships education for primary schools, and relationships and sex education for secondary schools.
Ministers have denied parents the right to withdraw their children from the primary-level classes, but the right is set to remain at the secondary-level subject.
Homosexual lobby group Stonewall has already said it will be pressing the government to ensure LGBT issues are "reflected in updated guidance for schools."
In his PinkNews comments on the issue, Gibb said: "My intention is to ensure that it will be LGBT-inclusive."
Stating that young people need to be "equipped for life in Britain as it is today," he added: "We will be consulting widely about the curriculum to ensure it is the best it can be, is age appropriate and commands the support of the teaching profession."
Last month, a study showed that more than four in 10 British adults believe primary-aged kids should not be taught about homosexual relationships.
The YouGov survey also revealed that 12 per cent of LGBT respondents believe kids should not learn about gay relationships.
'Shocked at Video'
As well as being equalities minister, Gibb serves as a school minister. In 2012, he ordered the editing of an explicit primary-aged sex education film which was being recommended by local authorities.
"Parents will be shocked that this type of material is present in primary schools and even more surprised that councils are recommending it," he said.
Following the announcement of the new sex education subject, Deputy Director for Policy and Staffing at The Christian Institute, Humphrey Dobson, said the new teaching could "expose young children to concepts that they and their parents fundamentally disagree with for religious or philosophical reasons."
For the original article, visit Christian.org.uk.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details