Tuesday marked the 49th anniversary of the assassination of civil rights leader Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
In honor of her uncle, Dr. Alveda King issued the following statement:
The world seems to have forgotten what Martin Luther King Jr. knew: We need God's help. Pray for President Trump, America and the world. We must return to God.
Today, April 4, 2017 marks the 49th anniversary of the death of my uncle. It is fitting therefore to call for the initial "A Time of Love and Reconciliation," which is being read by talk radio hosts of all political leanings drawing attention to ... a resolution passed by the U.S. House of Representatives on July 29, 2008 that "apologize[d] to African-Americans on behalf of the people of the United States, for the wrongs committed against them and their ancestors who suffered under slavery and Jim Crow" and "express[ed] its commitment to rectify the lingering consequences of the misdeeds committed against African Americans under slavery and Jim Crow and to stop the occurrence of human rights violations in the future."
It's an appropriate tribute to MLK's 49th anniversary of his life and legacy. If he were here today, I believe he would agree with Ted Hays, leader of Heal America Collaborative; [singers Reba McEntire and Lauren Daigle, who sang "Back to God" at the 2017 Academy of Country Music Awards program]; and yes, me, and prayerfully lead people everywhere to return to God.
In the midst of life's challenges: racism, war, poverty, human trafficking, abortion violence and evil of every kind, in order to escape the abyss, we need help from God to fulfill Uncle M. L.'s dream today. On this MLK anniversary, as we join activist Ted Hayes with the launch of A Time of Love and Reconciliation, God's Word—"Return to Me"—is resonating across the atmospheres; reaching into the darkness and awakening a heavenly fire and light that cannot and will not be denied ...
If the dream of my Uncle Martin Luther King Jr. is to be fully received, we must return to, we must come back to God.
"My wayward children," says the LORD, "come back to me, and I will heal your wayward hearts" (Jer. 3:22a, NLT).
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.