With Democrats in Washington, D.C., still firmly focused on alleged—and as yet, unproven—allegations that President Donald Trump has connections with the Russian government, they're hoping the American public doesn't get wind in their own dangerous national security issues.
Among them is the story of Pakistani brothers Imran, Abid and Jamal Awan, who provided IT support to U.S. Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, the former DNC Chairwoman, for more than a decade. The trio, who also worked for dozens of other House Democrats—including members of the intelligence, foreign affairs and homeland security committees—gaining access to congressional emails and other sensitive documents, are now under investigation by the Capitol Police for allegedly stealing congressional property.
But, according to a new report by The Daily Caller, the story has gone from disastrous to something even worse. The report states the Awans took $100,000 from an Iraqi politician while they had administrator-level access to the House computer network:
The money was a loan from Dr. Ali al-Attar, an Iraqi political figure, and was funneled through a company with "impossible"-to-decipher financial transactions that the congressional information technology (IT) staffers controlled ...
Soon after Imran began working for members of Congress, Imran's and Abid's wives—Hina Alvi and Natalia Sova—also began receiving congressional paychecks, The DCNF found. Imran's employers included two members of the intelligence committee, Indiana Democrat Rep. Andre Carson and California Democrat Rep. Jackie Speier.
By 2009, the family was simultaneously managing a full-time car dealership in Virginia, with Abid running day-to-day operations after contributing $250,000 in startup cash. It was called Cars International A, LLC, referred to as "CIA" in court documents.
Imran boasted unusual clout among House Democrats and was even pictured conversing with former President Bill Clinton. After Rao Abbas, who was owed money by the dealership, threatened to sue amid allegations of deception and theft, Abbas appeared on the congressional payroll and received $250,000 in taxpayer payments.
Click here to read the entire report.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details