Yet another Christian human rights activist in China has been abducted by local government police officials and thrown in one of the nation's infamous "black jails."
This time, however, Li Chunfu, a human rights attorney from Tianjin, may not survive his ordeal. According to China Aid, Li was abducted, taken to a black jail and then subjected to medical experimentation or torture that has damaged him both physically and psychologically.
The following is China Aid's official statement, released on Friday:
Li Chunfu, a rights attorney, was released on bail yesterday, emaciated and aged. When his spouse noticed he was fearful of entering his own apartment, she wept.
Since his release, Li revealed to his wife that he was subjected to medical examinations almost daily while being held in an unofficial "black jail." The authorities diagnosed him with high blood pressure, even though he has never suffered from it before, and fed him unknown medications. Li also claimed that his heart is damaged and believes he does not have long to live.
Li was likely tortured while imprisoned, prompting his fear. His family is calling for immediate professional help.
Li disappeared into police custody on Aug. 1, 2015, shortly after his brother, Li Heping, was apprehended during a nationwide crackdown on human rights defenders. On Dec. 6, Wang Qiaoling, Li Heping's wife, learned her husband had been charged with "subversion of state power" and was to be prosecuted.
During his incarceration, Li Chunfu was held incommunicado.
"The Chinese regime's Nazi-style brutality enacted against innocent peaceful rights defense lawyers such as Li Chunfu should be condemned by everyone with a conscience," said China Aid's president and founder, Bob Fu. "This is a barbaric act against humanity that is in absolute violation of international standards that prevent arbitrary detention and torture and are meant to protect human rights defenders."
In 2012, Li Chunfu was part of a delegation that traveled to Washington, D.C., Philadelphia and Texas to meet with Members of Congress, State Department officials, the Congressional Executive Commission on China; and personnel from the Human Rights Watch, the Center for East Asian Studies at the University of Pennsylvania and Baylor Law School.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details